Interactive crafts, worksheets, games, flashcards and activities to help kids develop language on the topic of school. This pack also includes activities to help you revise colours, numbers and work on literacy skills. Comprehensive activity suggestions provide several ideas for how to maximise language practice for each activity
By working through the pack, children are encouraged to listen and follow instructions, maintain concentration on a given task, talk about themselves, learn about others and develop social skills.
Perfect for getting off to a good start at the beginning of the school year!
The School Activity Pack includes ALL of the following:
* All About Me Mini Book – Children can create their very own mini book to describe themselves and share important information. A useful exercise for increasing confidence and self awareness before meeting new friends.
* Jigsaw – Colour & Draw – Children can familiarise themselves with items they might see at school, practice their colour recognition, cutting and problem solving skills.
* School Dominoes – A variety of options provide opportunity for children to match, practise colouring, cutting and gluing techniques, or work on their word recognition and literacy skills.
* Pencil Case – Children will enjoy this simple craft activity by carefully following instructions, measuring, cutting and sticking to create their very own pencil case.
* Playing Cards – Use these fun playing cards to involve children in a number of games that will encourage group interaction, taking turns and following instructions, whilst again building on problem solving, word recognition and literacy skills.
* Graphing Dice – Another fun craft activity that can then be used in a multitude of ways to practice vocabulary, creating sentences and counting.
* School Picture Crossword – Further familiarisation with school vocabulary.
* Wordsearches including Make your Own Wordsearch – A variety of difficulty levels are provided plus a blank wordsearch grid with picture prompts for children to make their own wordsearch. More vocabulary, word recognition and spelling practise.
* How Many? – A fun worksheet to remember school vocabulary and work on counting skills.
* School Objects Fortune Teller – Help children to create their fortune teller using folding techniques then use the activity suggestions for fun ways to practise colour, word and number recognition through a variety of learning games.
* School Matching Cards – Use these fun cards in a variety of ways at a variety of levels to further promote school vocabulary and literacy skills.
* School Mini Cards – Even more learning game suggestions!
* School Flashcards – Use in a number of ways; as visual prompts, for language games or to display in your setting.
Plus detailed instructions, suggestions and activity descriptions for each section!
The above image shows just a small selection of what is provided in this pack. Download the preview for a closer look at the pack contents: Download Preview The entire pack contains 110 pages of information and resource templates!
Complement your unit on school with our collection of school songs and other related resources on www.kidsclubenglish.com