Interactive worksheets, crafts, flashcards and games to develop sports and leisure vocabulary and language to express preferences. These activities also provide opportunities to practice present simple and present continuous. Children learn about different sport and leisure activities, consider their interests, make choices and explore their emotions. Perfect for supporting children with active and healthy lifestyles!
Through following activities in the pack, children are also encouraged to listen and follow instructions, maintain concentration on a given task, talk about themselves, learn about others and develop social skills.
* Sports and Leisure Flipbook – Encourage children to think about lots of different sports and leisure activities and how they feel towards them. Allow them to discuss their interests together as a group and express their likes and dislikes. Children will learn about expressing emotions, how it is okay for others to have different interests and then practise fine motor skills through cutting and sticking their flipbook together.
* Sports and Leisure Fan – Follow the activity suggestions to support children’s knowledge about different sports and leisure activities and build on literacy and vocabulary skills. Once complete use the fans to play musical statues where children must freeze in a sport or leisure activity pose.
* Sports and Leisure Wordsearches – Different versions of wordsearch are provided to accommodate for different levels of ability. Follow the activity suggestions for more fun games and to further support vocabulary skills. Use the blank templates to enable children to create their very own wordsearches then assemble together in a fun book that you can all share as a group.
* Spinner Card Game – Children will enjoy helping to assemble the parts of this game before playing in pairs or as a group. Follow the instructions to have lots of fun making sentences, drawing or acting out an activity or guessing whether a sentence is true or false. Brilliant for learning to take turns, follow instructions and building on social skills whilst supporting literacy and increasing children’s knowledge of sports and leisure activities.
* Dominoes – Six versions of dominoes are provided depending on whether you want learning focus to be on receptive or productive skills, literacy skills or the amount of cutting / colouring / gluing you want to include. Follow the activity suggestions for lots of fun ways to support children’s learning.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini Cards – Mini Cards can be used to play more matching and memory games as well as developing word recognition and literacy skills.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
Detailed instructions, activity suggestions and descriptions for each section ALSO INCLUDED!
Complement your unit on school with our collection of sports and leisure songs and other related resources on www.kidsclubenglish.com
The above image shows just a small selection of what is provided in this pack. Download the preview for a closer look at the pack contents: Download Preview The entire pack contains 184 pages of information and resource templates!
Complement your unit on sports and leisure with our collection of songs and other related resources on www.kidsclubenglish.com