These Team Sports Digital Game Cards will help your students practise 9 team sports vocabulary items AND present continuous 3rd person short forms. The children listen and read then choose the correct form.
There are two sets included:
- one that is gender inclusive with pronouns ‘she’, ‘he’ and ‘they’ for singular use. This allows you to represent non-binary people in a natural way and helps make your learners aware that ‘they’ can be used for singular use too.
- one that doesn’t include ‘they’ for singular use.
Once learners are familiar with the language items you can turn it into a game and see how quickly they can complete each set.
Note: These sets are in British English.
Every item includes an audio option that activates on click. This means that you can use it to check or model pronunciation and makes it accessible to learners who are developing literacy skills.
What is included?
There are 3 sets of digital cards, all with text in British English:
- 3rd person singular (30 cards)
- 3rd person plural (24 cards)
- 3rd person mixed forms (36 cards)
To complete the activity, the focus is on identifying the vocabulary, but your learners get repeated exposure to the grammar to help them assimilate it.
In the last set (mixed forms), the learners need to identify the vocabulary AND match the grammar of the short form to the question.
What language will my students learn?
These cards will help your students practise present continuous closed questions and short forms and team sports vocabulary. This resource is in British English and includes:
- football, American football, volleyball, baseball, hockey, basketball, ice hockey, handball and cricket
THESE DIGITAL CARDS ARE HOSTED ON BOOMLEARNING
Boom Cards are self-grading, DIGITAL TASK CARDS that you play on the Boom Learning website. They are easy and fun to use and make it easy to differentiate for individual learners so every child experiences SUCCESS. You will receive a link to the task cards on the Boom Learning website when you download the files in this resource. You will be asked to sign into your account or create a free account. All purchased decks can be found in your Library. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. Use this resource on a tablet, computer, or Smartboard!
· No need for printing, cutting, laminating BUT you can print them if you choose
· Use with internet-connected devices: computers, tablets, phones, Smartboards
· Data tracking with paid subscription need for