Meg and Mog Activities Bundles
Less planning, more learning! Save time preparing super fun ESL lessons with Meg and Mog by Helen Nicoll and Jan Pienkowski.
♦ Hours of fun, dynamic activities that you can use with the Meg and Mog story to bring the story language to life
♦ Flexible materials and activities for up to 6 lessons.
♦ Perfect for mixed age groups or to use across a range of levels.
♦ Pick and choose the activities you want. All the activities are great value at around €1 - €2, with bigger and bigger discounts the more you buy.
♦ Get ALL the activities for just €5.55!
Ready to get ALL of the Meg and Mog activities?
Don't want everything? Pick and choose what you like!
Just add what you like to the cart. If you add 3 or more products, you’ll automatically get 20% off everything in your basket
Flashcards and game cards
Perfect for a whole host of whole class, small group and pair practice of your target language.
- Help your young learners learn useful vocabulary from the Meg and Mog story. Perfect to enable your ESL kids to interact more during storytelling.
- Try out the included game ideas for interactive practise and easy learning.
- A choice of three card types provide plenty of learning opportunities so your esl kids never get bored.
- Super helpful as visual supports during craft and follow-up activities.
Worksheets with a twist
Printables that are perfect for introducing and practising key animals, insects and food vocabulary. Follow the activity suggestions for dynamic ways to work on receptive and productive skills.
- Focus on food and/or animal vocabulary from the story. Mix and match for some crazy witchy recipes!
- Perfect for even your littlest learners. Stretch your older learners by getting them to ask each other for the pieces.
- Includes easy to follow activity suggestions with helpful ideas for during and after the craft.
Interactive storytelling and retelling
While you can incorporate retelling with any of the resources on this page, these resources are more specifically designed for retelling and manipulating the story.
Your ESL young learners will acquire more language from the story with multiple retellings. The resource below is super helpful for allowing you to do this in dynamic and fun ways. Empower your young learners to tell the story for themselves (or even add their own unique twist on it!)
- A dynamic and engaging craft to practise story language and use in story retelling.
- Helpful cutting guidelines to support your youngest learners.
- Includes useful activity suggestions to give you plenty of ideas for how to use them in engaging practice activities.
Games to make and play
These games can be made to play before your class, but they are also fantastic for integrating even more language practice because the kids can make their own copies. Super useful for bringing English outside the classroom – your young learners will be so excited to play these at home with their families.
- A fantastic way to learn vocabulary in the Meg and Mog story with maximum engagement and interaction.
- Several boards make it easy to play whole class, in pairs or small groups.
- Includes activity ideas to help you plan quickly and efficiently.
- Extend the learning opportunities with the craft option. Your learners learn while creating their very own bingo boards.
- Choose from a range of templates to easily differentiate according to ability, age and vocabulary focus.
- A super effective way to provide repetition and practice of useful clothes, animals, insects and numbers vocabulary.
- Great for an engaging way to practise counting too!
- Follow the tips and suggestions for fun ways to incorporate full sentences and story language in an interactive and dynamic way.
Save yourself tons of time and get ALL of these Meg and Mog activities
Not sure how many resources you need?
Of course it depends on your particular context, but I’d like to give you an idea of how I’ve used them across multiple levels, lessons and age groups. I’ve used these resources with children from 3 to 8 years old. Below is a sample 6 lesson map with the resources.
Lesson 1: Meg and Mog Flashcards and Game cards. Meg and Mog Jigsaw Craft (colouring dictation).
Lesson 2: Meg and Mog Flashcards and game cards. Jigsaw Craft (cutting and making the craft and playing with it)
Lesson 3: Meg and Mog Flashcards and game cards. Meg and Mog Bingo Games and Craft.
Lesson 4: Meg and Mog Bingo Games (warmer and revision). Meg and Mog Flashcards and Games cards (small group card games with food and animals). What’s Cooking? Cauldron Craft.
Lesson 5: Meg and Mog Flashcards and game cards. Stick Puppets and story retelling. Bingo games.
Lesson 6: Learning stations with games from flashcard sets, jigsaws, bingo, stick puppets, story book and realia to play What’s cooking?
For incredible value, get the complete set:
What do teachers say about these Meg and Mog resources?
How about opinions on the other Kids Club English resources?
Frequently asked questions
Yes, of course! Maybe you have the time and enjoy creating things, but it has to be said that being a young learner teacher can involve a HUGE amount of extra work making materials. Give yourself a break!
All my materials have been tried and tested in the classroom. As well as having almost 20 years of teaching experience, I am also a qualified trainer for the Trinity TYLEC (Teaching Young Learners Extension Certificate), so you can rely on the quality.
Yes! There are a range of templates to choose from within many of the resources so it’s super-easy to differentiate for your young learners. The included Activity Suggestions will also give you ideas about how you can conduct the activity so each child can work (play!) to their full potential.
Definitely! (You knew I would say that!) No, but seriously speaking, I started making these resources for just one class but I’ve now used them several times over. I’ve even used them with the same groups in subsequent years, because the different templates allow me to vary the activity and language focus.
Once you’ve had a chance to use your materials, don’t forget to come back to leave a review. As a thank you, you’ll receive a 20% discount on any other resource : )