Designed to complement the story There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly, this exciting activity pack can be used to support children’s learning in a variety of ways. Use with or without the story to learn about animals, support colour and shape recognition, practise counting, introduce sounds, letters and rhymes and build on literacy and vocabulary skills. Following activities in the pack, children will also develop fine motor skills through colouring, tracing, cutting and sticking to create the various crafts whilst being encouraged to listen, follow instructions and develop social skills.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.Download Preview
* Jigsaw Colour and Count – Jigsaw templates are provided in both colour and black and white depending on the level of difficulty required. Follow the activity suggestions to create more learning fun with a scavenger hunt, colour dictation, jigsaw race or jigsaw craft.
* Stick and Count – Two versions of this activity are provided which vary in difficulty in terms of fine motor skill requirements. Use in a variety of ways to practise folding, cutting and sticking whilst also focussing on following instructions, matching and counting skills.
* Spinner Craft – Use the spinner wheels along with the activity suggestions to play guessing games, practise animals, colour and number recognition whilst also encouraging writing and reading skills.
* Find and Stick Craft – Follow the activity suggestions for more fun finding games that will help to develop receptive skills, animal and colour recognition or focus similarities, differences or learning letters and sounds.
* Stick Puppets – Use the templates provided to create stick puppets to further dramatize the story. Allow children to practise their craft skills by helping to put the puppets together then see if they can follow and re-enact the rhyme using their stick characters.
* Vocabulary Fan – Encourage children to listen and follow instructions in order to put together a story fan that can be used in a variety of ways to promote vocabulary skills.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini Cards – Mini Cards can be used to play more matching and memory games as well as developing word recognition and literacy skills.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practise new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
The above image shows just a small selection of what is provided in this pack. Download the preview for a closer look at the pack contents: Download Preview The entire pack contains 164 pages of information and resource templates! Please note the There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly story is not provided with this resource but is available in major book stores.
VISIT THE OLD LADY WHO SWALLOWED A FLY STORY RESOURCE PAGE FOR MORE STORY VIDEOS, SONGS & CRAFTS!
This activity pack is supplied as a PDF file and is not editable. Please note that parts of this resource require to be printed and self assembled. For best results Kids Club English recommends that you laminate flash / mini / matching cards for improved durability. Laminating materials are not included.
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I’m keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.