The Three Billy Goats Gruff Activity Pack is crammed with differentiated worksheets, games and craft activities to complement The Three Billy Goats Gruff. The activities develop key story vocabulary and common phrases while developing fine motor skills, literacy skills, social skills and understanding of the world. SEE PREVIEW FOR CLOSE-UPS OF COMPLETE CONTENTS.
Activities are specifically designed to allow for differentiation of ability and context and come complete with COMPREHENSIVE ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS.
This pack includes storytelling cards but you can also download our FREE Simplified Story Powerpoint. You can find a good collection of storytelling videos and related topic-based songs on our Three Billy Goats Story resource page.
This pack includes ALL of the following:
* Storytelling cards – Print the cards with text and interactive storytelling guidelines on the back. Language is specifically adapted for 2nd language learners and beginning readers to include repetition of useful phrases. Perfect for a change in dynamics to tell the story in an alternative way.
* Colouring sheets – There are 3 different sheets to choose from. See the activity suggestions for fun interactive ways to maximise language practice.
* Mini-books – Differentiate according to abilities in your group by choosing among these four different mini-books. Focus on sequencing, literacy or oral comprehension to create fun books that the kids can take home and re-tell the story to their families and friends.
* Numbers jigsaws – Choose one of the six options in either a game or craft activity to make an attractive Three Billy Goats jigsaw while practising numbers and sequencing at the same time.
* Stick puppet theatre – Using these templates, children create stick puppets of the main characters and a mini-theatre setting. Templates are included for a 3D as well as 2D model. Follow the activity suggestions and the theatre script for ways in which to re-enact the story. These would be great in a mini-performance for their families too.
* Board games – Fun games to practise a variety of skills. Either print and play or print, create and play. See the activity suggestions for great ideas for dynamic language practice.
* Sort by size sheets – Children develop beginning maths skills at the same time as consolidating key story elements. Follow the suggestions for ways to incorporate more language practice.
* Story wheel craft – Choose between 4 different versions to create story wheels that are perfect for retelling the story. See the suggestions for games and retelling ideas.
* Draw and write templates – a range of templates, with and without guidelines for kids to complete any related project.
* Cut and paste sequencing sheets – Available in two levels of difficulty. Children cut and paste the images in the order of events.
* Sequencing Cards – Follow the suggestions for games you can play to consolidate key story language and concepts. These also work great in literacy stations and for retelling the story in pairs or groups.
* Matching Cards – Use these cards to play fun matching and memory games.
* Mini-cards – Excellent for a range of games and matching tasks. Print multiple sets for pair and small group work.
* Flash Cards – Use in a variety of ways to introduce and practice new language, develop literacy skills or as visual prompts for language games.
The above images demonstrate what is provided in this pack. Download the preview for a closer look at the pack contents: Download Preview The entire pack contains 185 pages of information and resource templates! See the preview for the SUGGESTED LANGUAGE FOCUS and the complete list of vocabulary items included in the card sets.
Please note the The Three Billy Goats Gruff story is not provided with this resource but is available in major book stores. You can also get our FREE Simplified Powerpoint Story and access collections of storytelling videos on our Three Billy Goats Gruff Story Resource Page. There are also lots of other related games and songs there too!
This activity pack is supplied as a PDF file and is not editable.
Please note that parts of this resource require to be printed and self assembled. For best results Kids Club English recommends that you laminate flash / mini / matching cards for improved durability. Laminating materials are not included.
If you are interested in helping kids learn English through stories, songs and craft, please get in touch. I’m keen to collaborate with like-minded people and welcome feedback.